Our Vision & Mission
Our goal and our vision is to provide as much support as we can in assisting families who are maneuvering through the challenging journey that we face in helping our special needs children to progress in their lives and become all that they can be.
“With resources for special populations slowly but surely shrinking, there’s a greater call for all stakeholders to work together to find creative solutions. Center4SpecialNeeds can act as a conduit for parents, non-profits, public agencies, and private businesses to work together toward common goals, allowing information and limited resources to go so much further for the individuals being served.”
“Unfortunately there are a percentage of special needs children and families who don’t meet the eligibility criteria for services with the usual provider agencies, though they have legitimate needs. These individuals of unfortunate circumstance slip through the cracks without the help they deserve, and they struggle enormously. Center4SpecialNeeds recognizes this and is striving to do something about it.”
– Cecilia Laufenberg,RTC
Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor
- Provide on-site therapeutic services and programs for individuals with special needs and their families.
- Provide financial support for families with developmental disabilities to access a variety of services & interventions.
- Offer monthly Moms' and Dads' Night Out and Moms' Coffee Break events to all special needs parents, regardless of age or disability.
- Enable networking opportunities through e-mail to foster connections among special needs families.
- Provide a comprehensive website to quickly and easily bring much-needed resources to families.
- Increase awareness and understanding within the general population through advocacy and community partnerships.
- Continuing support of our Southern California expansion.