The ABC's of Special Needs Workshop Series
Sensory Processing: A Caregivers Guide
presented by Robin Schlundt Bodien, M.A., OTR/L
Occupational Therapist, Playtime Solutions Director
Thursday, February 22 | 6:30pm-8:00pm
3 Learning Objectives:
* Describe sensory processing.
* Understand the role Occupational Therapy plays in sensory processing difficulties in various environments (clinic, school, home and community).
* Develop basic sensory strategies to use in the home and community to support sensory differences.
Anxiety & Disabilities
presented by Laurie Singer, M.S. LMFT #40567
Board Certified In Applied Behavior Analysis, Laurie Singer Behavioral Services Inc.
Tuesday, March 13 | 6:30pm-8:00pm
4 Learning Objectives:
* Assisting your child to identify the emotion.
* What does the emotion look like?
* Helping identify what triggers the emotion.
* Strategies you can use to help them stay calm, safe and respectful.
Hot Topics in Special Education
presented by Dina C. Kaplan, Attorney with Newman Aaronson Vanaman LLP
and Andrea Lorant, M.A., Advocate and Educational Consultant
Tuesday, April 10 | 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Participants will learn about:
* Current trends in special education
* Legal rights regarding children in special education
* Dispute Resolution procedures.
1337 Thousand Oaks Blvd., #202
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Price: $20 per workshop.
Scholarships are available!
Registration required to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
Childcare may be provided during certain workshops. Please e-mail your request for child supervision to firstname.lastname@example.org.