Are you ready to explore the workforce? Let us help you get prepared.
For Ages 18 & Up!
Center4SpecialNeeds offers a job skills program called Work It Out!, which is designed to educate potential employees with disabilities about the interpersonal and practical skills needed to succeed in the workplace. This program is appropriate for independent individuals who do not require one-on-one support.
Benefits of the Work It Out! Program:
- Gain critical personal insight through personality and career assessments
- Build connections with peers who share similar goals and challenges
- Instruction on skills that are necessary to thrive in a professional environment
- Access to real-world experience via professional guest speakers and field trips to tour local businesses.
- Qualifying Work It Out! participants have the opportunity to volunteer in our office to practice newly-acquired skills and gain experience to list on a resume.
Register Soon: 8 spots left!
9am to 1pm
Part A: July 16 to July 25
Part B: July 30 to August 1
This program is broken down into two parts:
Part A: Interpersonal Skills
22 Hours | $295
Instructor: Pamela Bamerio
MS in Educational Psychology & Counseling, CSUN
- Importance of a Positive Mental Attitude and Adaptability
- Strong Work Ethic and Initiative
- Time Management and Stress Reduction
- Coping Strategies for Stress & Anxiety in the Workplace
- Communication Styles
- Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Decision Making
- Teamwork, Leadership, and Collaboration
Part B: Practical Skills
12 Hours | $165
Instructor: Gina Giambi Peters
Founder & CEO, Center4SpecialNeeds
- How to Obtain and Fill Out a Job Application
- Utilizing Online Resources
- Resume Writing
- Interview Techniques
Purchase both parts for $450 (save $10!)
Partial scholarships, payment plans, and individual coaching sessions are available upon request.
Center4SpecialNeeds for Growth & Development
1337 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., #200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362